Jewell Jones Bio:
A lifelong resident of the City of Inkster, Councilman Jones made history when he was sworn in November 2015 as the youngest person to ever sit on the City Council of Inkster, Michigan. Jewell continues to make a difference in the community and positive impact on public policy.
His effectiveness as a Councilman blossomed into a successful, record-breaking campaign in honor of the late Honorable Julie Plawecki, during the summer of 2016. Jewell was selected to be the Democratic Nominee in the 11th State House District.
Jewell Jones is an U.S. Army Reserved Officer Training Corps (ROTC) Cadet, a Senior Deacon at his church, and a senior, studying Political Science and Business at the University of Michigan-Dearborn.
Jewell is passionate, and committed, about engaging the youth in democratic citizenship, cultural enrichment, and sustainable business development.
as your next 11th state house REPRESENTATIVE, I will work towards the following:
- Keep higher education affordable
- Protect our natural resources
- Enhance services to our senior citizens
- Increase school funding and strengthen quality education opportunities
- Assist local businesses with job creation and protection
- Boost economic development
- Fight for our fair share of road repair and funding